Xylan® fluoropolymer coatings and ZSV-54
Xylan® fluoropolymer coatings have unique properties. Xylan® differs from traditional fluoropolymer coatings in one important aspect:
ELECTROISOLATION, plus sliding wear protection, plus fretting corrosion protection, plus corrosion protection with the coating material ZSV – 111.
Together, these plastic alloys with unique material properties form the following advantages:
- low coefficient of friction: up to 0.02.
- very good abrasion resistance, even under extreme pressure.
- outstanding corrosion and chemical resistance to most influences.
- wide temperature range: can be used from -195°C to +285°C.
- flexible curing: can be cured from room temperature to 425°C, depending on the product.
- wide range of colors: e.g. for color coding of products.
- Pliability: Xylan® coatings withstand flexural fatigue loads without becoming brittle.
- machinability: most Xylan® coatings can be applied in multiple layers and then machined.
- excellent adhesion: adheres to many metals, non-metals, plastics, ceramics, wood and even to itself. (Robust industrial applications and food grade). (Robust industrial applications and suitable for food).
- high corrosion resistance
- high abrasion resistance
- excellent adhesion and absolute impermeability to liquids and gases.
The material also has good electrical insulation and sliding properties similar to PTFE.
ZSV-54 offers chemical resistance to virtually all alkalis and acids in the pH range 4-11 under ambient temperature conditions.
The main advantages are:
Coating technology specialist
If you would like more information, also about other coatings, simply contact us.